Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Want to Work From Home

Making Money Blogging From Home

If you are like me,then you are hardworking, caring, and an over-achiever. You have a degree from a great school, you excel at your job, and you are underpaid for your achievement. Yes, I said it: underpaid. At the fortune 500 company I work for now, they have me doing all types of extra work for upper-upper-upper management, and keep moving me up the ladder "laterally," which means more responsibility, more work, and more possible repercussions if you mess up. The thing is, the term "laterally" is used as a corporate term meaning: "We are not going to pay you more, even though you are doing more."

I want to work from home. I want to watch my daughter and work hard. I have googled "work from home" several times, and keep getting all of these faulty advertisements and spam pop ups, and nothing has really come out of it yet.

I ask you, my readers, to support my efforts and join me in my quest to find real answers and solutions to the work from home mystery. Let's solve it together. If you have any thoughts, or ideas, or have things that have worked for you, please leave a comment about this post so that you can share your knowledge with working moms everywhere.

Follow my journey with me!

Step one: Create a blog. I started this blog after watching a woman talk to Oprah about going through post-partem depression and blogging about it. Her way of dealing with her depression was to write about what she thought and was going through. Now, she makes $40,000 a month from blogging. That is not a typo, she makes $40,000 a month from blogging. I will be happy if I had a job with a base salary of $40,000 a year! Unfortunately in this economy, a bachelors degree and a masters cannot even get you that if you don't know the right people. So back to step 1: create a blog.

I started this blog on blogger.com with the hopes that google adsense and other money generating tools would be useful to me. Yesterday I made $00.18. That is a
small number, I admit, but it is something. It means that someone out there is reading what I have to write, and if they are, that means that I have a chance. My goal everyday is to beat the amount generated the day before. That means, quality posts and blog marketing. It means finding sponsors and supporters who are willing to support my cause, and it means not giving up. So I will not give up. I will prevail. I will research. And I will share my journey with you so you can too!

Money is made in blogging when traffic visits your site and people click on the ads that are provided by your sponsors. It is a numbers game. If enough people visit my blog and are interested in my sponsors then I will make money. so let us begin this journey together.

Thank you for your dedication and support for mothers everywhere, looking to make a difference and a change.

I look forward to your feedback, advice, comments, and questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment